PDA

View Full Version : Growing in the dark!??

nosecondz
08/29/2009, 11:45 AM
So i had a frag of zoo's that werent attached to a rock, i kinda just jammed them into a snug hole. One day i looked at my tank and they were gone i looked everywhere but nothing. Two or three weeks go buy and im cleaning the tank and out of the corner of my eye i see some orange, i found them under one of my other colonies, so i move the rock and they allmost doubled in size they didnt double in numbers but size! the tubes are twice as long and 1/3 wider. So my quesion is did they grow more cause they were so close to another colonly or just cause they were reaching for light?

SIR PATRICK
08/29/2009, 01:37 PM
Sounds like they were reaching for some light.

nosecondz
08/29/2009, 02:02 PM
do you think they will shrink back now that they are out, i hope not!

100%hydrophylic
08/29/2009, 02:33 PM
mine have shrunk a little bit once i move them from a shadow. they dont go back to like tiny stalks but they are definately shorter

SIR PATRICK
08/29/2009, 02:34 PM
As long as they are getting the light they want, they will eventualy decrease in lenght.

As far as the diameter of the stalk, they might stay the same. Seems the thickness of the stalk will vary from tank to tank, and its possible the stalks will stay fat.

Most likely though, they will go back to normal.

This is a good thing though. In the long run, they will be healthier and most likely grow (multiply) faster for you.

Stretched and stressed polyps dont usualy multiply as fast as happy, healthy ones.

nosecondz
08/29/2009, 05:30 PM
cool thanx