PDA

View Full Version : New reef equipment- Help

Pchromis
08/29/2009, 04:41 PM
Ok, here's what I have so far for a reef setup.....

95g 36x24x25 bottom drilled with 29g sump.
ATI sunpower lighting

As for the skimmer, either a Reef Octopus Extreme or Aquamedic turboflotor...and not sure if in-sump or external....

I want to get an Eheim return pump because most reviews and posts have rated it well and most silent.

My question here is whether to get the 1260 or 1262. I understand about the head pressure, but the 1262 has more GPH capability.

Also, since I am new to having a sump setup, has anyone had success with using one larger pump to return and to run skimmer?

It is not a big concern, just curious if it can be done.

Thanks in advance!

unbreakable
08/29/2009, 05:05 PM
reef octo. extreme, 1262 and put a valve on the output so you can lower the gph if needed

if the skimmer was recirculating and had the option of adding flow into the skimmer than it could be done, but im sure those skimmers arent built like that

just go with in-sump but make sure you plan out your sump for the equipment you want in there.. heater, return pump, skimmer, and anything else you feel necessary that may take up room in the sump

Pchromis
08/29/2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply...I was thinking of doing just that with the return pump...
So you prefer the octopus?

unbreakable
08/29/2009, 08:01 PM
for the budget, yet. MSX and octopus are good for the budget and better than other skimmers in its price range. you could spend 600$ or more, but the MSX and octopus with the sicce pump will perform the same (just about)

www.marinesolutionsinc.com

Pchromis
08/29/2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for msx link,,