PDA

View Full Version : Please help my trigger

Billybeau1
08/30/2009, 03:57 PM
I have a Huma Huma trigger for many years. Probably 5 or 6.

It has always been happy and healthy. Anyways, I just noticed what appears to be a wart or some kind of growth on his left side, close to his mouth. It has no other spots on any other part of its body.

What could this possibly be ? If you need a picture, I might be able to get one.

I can't imagine it being a parasite as I have not added any new fish for years.

Can anyone help ?

Kieth71
08/30/2009, 05:45 PM
Maybe it is lymphocystis?

http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/Kurkjian/index.php

Billybeau1
08/30/2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks Rocky, that was my first thought. I do not want to treat until I'm reasonably sure what it is. :)

Canarygirl
08/30/2009, 11:45 PM
Billy, I'm sorry this is happening (and I sure hope it isn't the disease in article linked above).

If this were happening to my fish I would get some good photos and post them up on this thread, and then send a pm to Lee Birch (leebca) directing him to this thread. He has helped me in the past with sick fish.

Good luck

Billybeau1
08/31/2009, 11:25 AM
Well Cg, I tried to get a picture and it is next to impossible. I'll keep studying. I'm leaning towards some type of fungal infection. I kind of doubt it is lymph as it does not resemble any pictures I have seen.

Thanks

Canarygirl
09/04/2009, 09:52 PM
update on the Trigger?

Billybeau1
09/09/2009, 11:48 AM
Well Cg, it looks like it is getting smaller. we shall see in the next week, then I'll tell you what I did. :)

Kieth71
09/09/2009, 02:40 PM
Just to add some more info on lympho.I have had several angels come in with lympho.Most of the time it is on their fins and goes away on its own in time.The only thing that worried me was that you said he had a growth near his mouth and as the worst case scenerio showed above it can make it so they cant eat.I am happy to hear that the fish is doing better and like most of these cases that is exactly what happends.I have however never had an established fish all the sudden get it it has always been on new arrivals.Either way good to hear the fish is doing better-Kieth

Ralph ATL
09/10/2009, 03:37 PM
interested

Billybeau1
09/10/2009, 11:46 PM
Well Rock, as you know, one of the biggest causes of lymph is poor water quality. And I have to confess, I got real busy at work in the last few months, and have neglected the tank a little. I suspect this is the cause. I have a little vacation time and am working to get my tank back up to snuff (so to speak).

Trigger is still doing fine. The spot appears to be getting smaller instead of larger. As you know, these things can sometimes take care of themselves with improved water quality.

Thanks for the help and encouragement. :)