PDA

View Full Version : Someone is snackin on Xenia...

SATAN FISH
08/30/2009, 08:56 PM
Stock in a 125 gallon is:
Blue tang
Yellow tang
six line wrasse
green mandarin dragonet
starry blenny
two ocellaris clowns
two fire fish
royal gramma
pistol shrimp
red fire shrimp
three peppermint shrimp
various snails and crabs

My Xenia were very happy migrating to different spots, always open up and nice and frilly. I just noticed they are all bunched up and some of the fingers on the polyps are missing and other polyps are missing completely. They don't look so good now.

Scenario: Green hair algae problem. I reduced feeding to a small once a day portion and cut back lighting to 6 hours with the two 96 watt actinics and 3 hours of 400 watt 20k halide.

I can only assume that with the cut back on the food someone feels the need to find food elsewhere. The question I have is... Who would be the culprit?

ducatimikep
08/31/2009, 08:20 AM
I would love to know who it is so I can get one to elminate
my Xenia.

jkeating2005
08/31/2009, 11:18 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15624274#post15624274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ducatimikep
I would love to know who it is so I can get one to elminate
my Xenia.

+1 for sure! that would be the day!

SATAN FISH
09/01/2009, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately I just started my tank a few months ago. So I am trying to hold on to what coral frags I have. So far all of them have been doing just fine, until this.

no_Wedge
09/01/2009, 09:55 PM
well the only thing i can see is maybe the tangs are you sure the xenia isn't just constricting?

got pics

Gwynhidwy
09/02/2009, 09:16 AM
I'd guess either one of the tangs or possibly the blenny. If your blue tang is a Paracanthurus hepatus, that's the one I'd put money on.