PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing/water level question . . .

lcs
09/02/2009, 06:45 AM
New tank. Yesterday add salt, top of the DT and get the sump at the proper level and get everything going. This morning the level in the DT has dropped between 1/4 and 1/2" so I add more water to get it to just at the bottom of the top frame as it was yesterday. Within less than a minute the water in the DT dropped to where it was and, obviously the level in the sump is higher, and there it stays. It seems to have found it's own equlibrium, but I would really prefer the water level to be at the bottom of the frame.

I had it all set up and running in the basement with freshwater before setting everything up in the livingroom, but this is the first time I've had it running overnight.

If it were a matter of the pump not keeping up, wouldn't the level in the DT continue to drop?

I have an Eshopps overflow box - rated up to 800gph - and the Eheim 1250 for the return - rated at 320gph I believe.

Ideas? Thoughts?

svynx
09/02/2009, 06:56 AM
In order to raise the water level in the DT you must raise the skimmer box of the overflow.

lcs
09/02/2009, 08:51 AM
Ah! I had dropped it a bit because I was getting a bunch of bubbles. I also noticed that the level in the DT would decrease whenever I would stick my arm it messing around with stuff.

I adjusted everything and am about to restart the siphon.

Thanks!