PDA

View Full Version : im thinking of switching from Ultralith to Brightwell

deep6er
09/03/2009, 12:04 AM
I have been hearing some good things about brightwell aquatics products and i think i might want to change
Currently im using the Ultralith system along with power trace 1-4.
Im not overly happy with FM products. its it a good idea for me to change?

in going from the ultralith to MB7 ,what would be the best way to make the switch.

any input would be great

Thanks

elijaher
09/03/2009, 03:40 AM
I like to know what is that you don't like about Ultralith system?

deep6er
09/03/2009, 09:34 AM
with ultra lith i dose 7 items a day.Its kind of a pain. the color of my sps is good but I think it could be better.and i have seen some good brightwell dosed tanks. also its getting harder to find here, and its is not cheap.

stratos21ss
09/03/2009, 10:07 AM
I switched just based on convenience of obtaining the product. I think both are good ultra low nutrient methods.

No doubt the key to any of these systems is in figuring out their reactions and impacts on your particular tank and getting the most out of them. This is not always intuitive and takes work. It's a continuous learning curve on top of all the other facets of an sps tank.

For this reason, I wouldn't recommend an ulns to anyone who is not into experimenting, tinkering and daily diligence in their tanks health. If you enjoy experimenting (enduring possible setbacks) and traveling a path less traveled then go for it.

The Brightwell NeoZeo .pdf if followed to the letter will get you started well. I stopped the Ultralith for two weeks then followed the NeoZeo .pdf and didn't have any issues.

I am on week nine thus far. Now comes the difficult part.

deep6er
09/03/2009, 11:31 AM
thanks Stratos.
where did you find the pdf ? are you able to share the link?

thanks
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15642971#post15642971 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stratos21ss
I switched just based on convenience of obtaining the product. I think both are good ultra low nutrient methods.

No doubt the key to any of these systems is in figuring out their reactions and impacts on your particular tank and getting the most out of them. This is not always intuitive and takes work. It's a continuous learning curve on top of all the other facets of an sps tank.

For this reason, I wouldn't recommend an ulns to anyone who is not into experimenting, tinkering and daily diligence in their tanks health. If you enjoy experimenting (enduring possible setbacks) and traveling a path less traveled then go for it.

The Brightwell NeoZeo .pdf if followed to the letter will get you started well. I stopped the Ultralith for two weeks then followed the NeoZeo .pdf and didn't have any issues.

I am on week nine thus far. Now comes the difficult part.

stratos21ss
09/03/2009, 11:50 AM
Deep6 - Someone emailed to me. I don't know of a link to it. You can PM me your email address and I will send it along.