PDA

View Full Version : How long

brianf40us
09/03/2009, 07:31 AM
I bought a fish at the LFS and i put it in my QT (THANK GOD) and he broke out with ick. I tried treating with paraguard but was reading about hyposalinity and want to try it. How long do i have to run carbon to suck the meds out of the water before i can start the hypo treatment.

patsfan1130
09/03/2009, 07:37 AM
I would remove the water in the QT, replace with 1/2 DT water & 1/2 freshly made. Then begin treatment. I prefer treating with copper but thats a whole different discussion.

brianf40us
09/03/2009, 08:25 AM
what if i run the carbon during the hypo treatment

lkc
09/03/2009, 10:28 AM
Hyposalinity has never been proven to treat crypt. Figure out what kind of fish you have and find out what kind of treatments, ie, copper, formalin or Quinine Sulfate you will need. Formalin will kill some fishes within 5 minutes - I know. The QS is safe for fishes sensative to copper or formalin. This: http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/products.html is a good place to go to get your meds.
If you want to read more about hyposalinity, crypt etc., go to www.wetwebmedia.com.

brianf40us
09/03/2009, 11:14 AM
OK Now im confused because so many people on many different forums swear that Hypo is the best treatment for ich.

JTL
09/03/2009, 11:21 AM
If you buy a fish, put it in QT, how long before it will show signs of ich if it has the parasite. When I think about the stages if seems like it should show visible signs very quickly but I know I must be missing something.