PDA

View Full Version : MP10 Controller Power Cord

jeffsed
09/03/2009, 09:53 AM
Recieved my MP10 yesterday, but tank isn't setup yet, so I haven't had the cahnce to play with it yet.

HOwever, on taking it out of the box, I noticed that the powercord doesn't seem to be firmly set in the controller box. Not at home so I can't post a pic. But, basically what I am seeing is what looks like two circular "gaskets" with a small gap between that seems like it should sit in the power cord outlet hole on the controller. Closer to the controller than that I see a rubber rectangle. I can then see the opening for the controller where the powercord goes in.

The powercord seems to spin and move around a good bit, as its not tightly held in the place where it exits the controller. Guess I was expecting the powercord to be tightly fitted in the controller, like most other electrical devices.

Not sure if this is normal or an issue.

Any chance you can post a close up picture of where the powercord leaves the controller and I can tell you if I am seeing the same thing.

Haven't set it up yet so I can't say if it runs or not, just not sure if the potential for movement could cause the power supply to internally disconnect from the controller.

EcoTech Marine
09/03/2009, 10:45 AM
It sounds like the grommet got pulled out of the driver during packaging. The MP10's are packed so compactly within their box that this can happen. To correct this you can just pop the grommet back in. The connector within the driver box is very firmly seated with a clip so you don't have to worry about it pulling out, but in terms of looks you should definitely pop the grommet back in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

jeffsed
09/03/2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks, that's what i was thinking but wanted to check before I tried that.