PDA

View Full Version : MP10 question

650-IS350
09/03/2009, 04:32 PM
How loud only should these things be? I'm running in reefcrest mode. Vibration sound/humm is pretty loud. Heard from across the room or if in basement right under where the tank is.

Yes, I have made sure the wet and dry side were aligned properly. I've turned off the pump and re-aligned 3 times and the same amount of sound. My 3 other Hydor #2's and my previous #4's were a lot quite than this pump.

EcoTech Marine
09/03/2009, 05:01 PM
It's not truly possible to compare the VorTech pumps to internal pumps because they will always be louder because our motor is outside the tank. Also, alignment should be done while the pump is running, not while it is turned off.

A slight rattle can be normal for the first few weeks on some pumps. I recommend you make sure the product is aligned well, then let it do it's thing. You should see an improvement in noise within a week and then within a few weeks the sound should be nothing offensive.

If you hear the pump in your basement, it's more likely that there is some resonance going on. The pump's break-in period will improve that.

650-IS350
09/03/2009, 09:53 PM
cool, it's only been 2 days. Bought it from DF&S.