PDA

View Full Version : tank is crashing HELP!!!!

hotrodolds
09/04/2009, 03:06 PM
Started about 2 weeks ago now the anemone suddenly started acting off. Not fully expanding not accepting food. I will say i slacked a bit on water top offs and it went 2 days here and there about 3 weeks ago. Thats when the nem was off a bit, everythings been back to normal and stable but the nem has just looked horrible. Its a GBTA btw. Ive had it for 2+months and its grown alot, always appeared totally healthy.

All water ammonia/trites/trates have always been 0. Well the nem going hasnt really seemed to have anyother affects until last night. Been going through a lot of personal stuff. Turned the HOB with my carbon in it off around 8am so i could get some sleep it was just bothering me to hear it run. Woke up around 2 this afternoon and my 6line wrasse ive had for a month and one of my 2 clowns ive had since april were both dead.

Will a dying nem release toxins? Could the no carbon for a few hours have done this

Ive got 5 gallons ready to go right now.. what do i do? Put the surviving clown in there? or do a water change? Going to go pick up 14 gallons of rodi soon here for a waterchange no matter what. But isolate the clown, take out the nem, what do i do....

So far so good with my corals in the tank for the most part though some a small cluster of palys and a newly added trumpet both kicked it in the last few days. My favias, brains, monti cap, suncorals everything else appears healthy. The sun corals even were out in their glory feasting on mysis around 8this morning.

luther1200
09/04/2009, 03:45 PM
I would keep the carbon running no matter what and do a WC as soon as you can.

andrewk529
09/04/2009, 04:07 PM
are you sure the anemone hasn't already died? what is its condition now? check for ammonia

hotrodolds
09/04/2009, 06:37 PM
ammonia is still zero, i pulled the two dead fish out within in hours of them dieing.

Carbons been running doing a 5g change right now though. As would be my luck the lfs was closed already so i couldnt get my two 7.5s filled. Gonna make a run to wal mart and buy another 6gallons and do a change tomorrow.