PDA

View Full Version : drinking water tank

jnb
09/05/2009, 03:31 AM
Do the drinking water tanks have a usual life? My tank used to fill about 2+ gallons - now, I am lucky to get a drinking glass full before it goes into making water mode - squirt....squirt.

Is it that the bladder got old and does not expand?

SJGreene
09/06/2009, 08:52 PM
Not sure on an answer to your question, but you might have better luck calling or sending them an email.

I've called and emailed before and always had good luck getting the answers I needed.

AWI contact info (http://www.airwaterice.com/c=otYTHGfCMu4LEsHiBw8qE2ads/contact_us.cgis)

revnull
01/08/2010, 12:17 AM
The bladder of you tank may have ruptured. I had the same thing happen to me recently. I had mine in service for almost 4 years. The sure fire way to test is to cut the water main to the RO system, open the faucet and let the tank completely drain. Once the water stops flowing, carefully lift your tank. If it's still very heavy (still has water in it), your tank has met its end and it's time for a replacement. I was advised not to drink the water from a ruptured tank as it has come in contact with the inner metal wall and may be contaminated.

I hope this helps.