PDA

View Full Version : Clowns laying eggs

DaveYardley
09/06/2009, 01:28 AM
A pair of my clowns are laying eggs as i type this. They are laying them on the wall of the aquarium. I want to try to raise the young. Any one have any experience with this?? Would love to hear some ideas on what to do. I gather from what i have been reading i have about 8 days.

ssublime1
09/06/2009, 06:31 AM
Congrats! From what I know about raising baby fish, set up a 5 or 10 gallon with a sponge filter and air pump. I would use the water from your present tank to fill it up initially if your water is nice and clean. I think they eat rotifers and possibly newly hatched brine shrimp shortly after "birth" so I would also set up a couple bottles for these along with phytoplankton to feed the rotifers. Sounds like you're doing something right so whatever that is, keep on keepin on.

PS - There has to be tons of specifics on raising clowns out there, the captive bred guys are pretty common.

Lionel
09/07/2009, 08:22 PM
Honestly, at this point, it's too late for the current eggs. you're going to have about a month untill they lay again, which they will. Time to get food culturing setup, phytoplankton, rotifers, then brine.

It's a lot of fun :)