PDA

View Full Version : biocube 29gal stock lighting for zoas?

biocube386
09/07/2009, 03:36 PM
Hey RC!

i was just wanting to ask a few questions before i spend money on a zoa garden i want to build, is the stock lighting enough to grow zoas well? i have had the tank about 2 years i have mostly soft and i have had zoas before but none of them have ever really took off and grew and alot of them died =/ do zoas need alot of flow? and would it be better to have them close to the light or medium and what would be the best food to feed them? ; i use nano part A&B every 3rd day, any answers and help would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks!

susan92368
09/07/2009, 03:47 PM
they do like a good amount of flow. I just picked up a biocube myself and already ordered a 250 mh for it, cant stand the coloration with the pc's.

zoadude
09/07/2009, 03:48 PM
2x36wt PC will be fine for zoas. You may not get the best color for them, but they will grow. You have to really be careful when adding zoanthids and make sure you dip them and not introduce any pests/fungus/bacterias that the new ones may have. An entire collection of zoaznthids can be wiped out adding contaminated ones.
Just make sure to change the bulbs when the recommended time rolls around.
Feeding them is fine and there are many foods to do so with, but they do not have to be fed as lighting will feed them like all corals containing zoothanthellae.

biocube386
09/07/2009, 10:58 PM
thanks for the replies, ya i am looking into gettin the nova extreme pro T5's for the growth and the color, im thinking of maybe starting to add essential elements to boost sone of the growth in my coarls.