PDA

View Full Version : Monti Needs Help

bonofish
09/07/2009, 05:34 PM
I have a large orange monti that has bleached out after an equipment malfunction while I was at work that killed several of my fish and several corals. The ones that died of course have been removed and disposed of, but I want to save what is left of the monti. I have heard that a monti will regenerate over the dead areas, but I'm not holding out much hope. There is about 1/2 that is still viable and I am trying to decide to frag what is left and start over or to wait and see. The dead areas have hair algae growing on them which leads me to believe that the monti will not grow back over that area. I have my super glue at the ready. What's the consensus?

3steele
09/07/2009, 06:03 PM
I would cut of the dead area's especially if algae is growing on it. I hear that when a coral starts dieing like that it spreads. Is it dieing from the base or the tips?

bonofish
09/08/2009, 05:29 AM
It's dying from the base in most parts which led me to believe that I should frag what is left and start over. Since it took so long to grow it to what size it was, I was hoping for regrowth, but at this point I think it's time for the clippers and super glue.

3steele
09/08/2009, 07:30 AM
If its dieing from the base cut it off and remount it