PDA

View Full Version : Eshopps PSK300 skimmer

dahenley
09/11/2009, 09:43 PM
Currently, i have a 240 display with a 55gal sump and 10gal refugium. This tank was way too cheap to pass up, so i purchased it. when i did, i wasn't thinking clearly. i just moved from a 55gal total volume to 300ish. i didn't have the equipment or the funds to purchase top notch equipment either. i did get the E-Shopps PSK300 skimmer from a local fish store. (it was all i could afford at the time) I liked the size and how it was built, but was curious of its performance. after a short break in period, i started pulling a lot of stuff. i left it at that. a local reefer had a ASM G3 skimmer for sale. i jumped on it. i wanted a name brand skimmer with a tried and trusted back ground. the skimmer has the 5000 pump and mesh modded. he loved it. i put it on my tank and let it run for 2 days with nothing. it had tons of bubbles, but wouldn't ever pull anything. i left it on for another day and i had a tea spoon of skimmate. (during this time, i put my eshopps skimmer in a tub with vinegar and water.) i was scared because i feed a ton of food and it wasn't pulling anything. i washed my eshopps skimmer and put it back in the sump. the next day i had over a cup of skimmate.
Does anyone else have one of these and want to say something good or bad?
My next step, is to try a mesh mod on both pumps and see what happens. i know a lot of people hate these skimmers, but have never even tried one.
thanks

homeboyreefer
09/11/2009, 11:36 PM
asm is garbage !!! had a g3 myself,

2dawghouse
09/12/2009, 12:05 AM
Ummm, sure...stay with the E-Shopps PSK300 skimmer.

imnotanerd
09/12/2009, 06:59 PM
e shopps are way way under rated everyone thinks cause they are cheap they cant be worth anything. I run a shop and we have a few of these skimmers that have been running way better than the expensive name brands.