PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sea Aquatics NEO 34 Nano

AndyH5512
09/12/2009, 03:06 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this model? I am thinking about setting up a nano for my acans. Any reviews. comments, etc, would be appreciated.

arc eye
09/16/2009, 11:40 AM
some good info. here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1663043

arc eye
09/16/2009, 11:41 AM
I have since re-aquascaped, but don't have any updated pictures just yet.

unbreakable
09/16/2009, 08:48 PM
what's the purpose of the water flowing down like that? doesnt algae grow on that section?

arc eye
09/16/2009, 09:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15713948#post15713948 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by unbreakable
what's the purpose of the water flowing down like that? doesnt algae grow on that section?

It sure does!

The purpose is to disturb the water's surface as little as possible so the tank can be viewed from above.

To prevent algae I brush the overflow/return......needs to be scrubbed every few days or it can get out of hand.

kaserpick
09/17/2009, 12:24 PM
That's the truth! Then the snails want to climb up on the waterfall, and you get a sweet trickle noise. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't happen while I'm sleeping...or trying to. Like arc eye said, you should scrub every couple of days.

Arc Eye: I'm reseting mine up tomorrow. I've been thinking about drilling the holes larger on the bottom of the water fall. I've also been thinking about angling the new holes toward the water surface in the middle. I know it will disturb the surface (which kind of misses the point of the design), but I don't want it to blow my sand around. Also, I want to take a little pressure away from the water fall so it doesn't cause the sand to move as well. What do you think? It's going to be SPS dominate with 6-7 clams!

Also, if you get a chance, could you post how you plumbed the system. I'm re-doing that as well.

arc eye
09/18/2009, 12:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15716859#post15716859 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kaserpick
That's the truth! Then the snails want to climb up on the waterfall, and you get a sweet trickle noise. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't happen while I'm sleeping...or trying to. Like arc eye said, you should scrub every couple of days.

Arc Eye: I'm reseting mine up tomorrow. I've been thinking about drilling the holes larger on the bottom of the water fall. I've also been thinking about angling the new holes toward the water surface in the middle. I know it will disturb the surface (which kind of misses the point of the design), but I don't want it to blow my sand around. Also, I want to take a little pressure away from the water fall so it doesn't cause the sand to move as well. What do you think? It's going to be SPS dominate with 6-7 clams!

Also, if you get a chance, could you post how you plumbed the system. I'm re-doing that as well.

I talked a bit about how I plumbed the tank in this thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1663043

I need to take some updated pics with my new aquascape anyway, so if you want I can take some pics of the plumbing. The way I did it the only thing I can here is the waterflow...................which is pretty darn silent except for those snails in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep too!

Regarding the holes, I think it would be a good idea to drill them bigger or re-angle them. I have to reduce my flow quite a bit to keep the noise at a nice level down and it would be nice to run a bit more return. I would just be careful and experiment with very gradual increases in size.

My tank is slowly becoming SPS/Monti dominant with some nice zoas/palys, a few chalices, ricordeas, and an RBTA (on an island).

I am running quit a bit of flow. I actually need to buy a stock shroud for my tunze, because the modded shroud creates too flow for a tank this shallow (too much a cannon).................so I too have destroyed the "glass surface" look.