PDA

View Full Version : Profilux II ex - LAN+Orp---HELP!!!

gonewyld
09/14/2009, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I seem to be having some issues with my controller, I am a network admin and have had this up and running for about 3 months.

It started out that I would go to the already connected software to check parameters and the software was in a 'communication error' state.

I would simply restart the software and voila I would be in.
The other day I went to it and it continued to error out over and over time and time again....I had to reset the unit back to defaults and start over.
This sucks because I cannot backup my settings (another issue)
I did get the system back up and I used the latest software this time thinking this might solve the error but it started again last evening.

The first sign of the issue is the software reports a date of present day-present month but the year of 2079.
If i make a change it immediately boots me out of the software.
The unit also reports that my ph is 81.4 degrees and my ORP 8.25 and my temp is 255! I know it is just mixing up but there is where I start to see the abnormalities.

The firmware is 4.05 as was the software which is now 4.06.
I was hesitant to do the firmware upgrade because I believe this should work at the present level and did not want to introduce more issues in to the mix.

Thoughts?

boboxx
09/14/2009, 12:03 PM
What OS are you running?

gonewyld
09/14/2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Christian,

I am running Vista.

Dave

boboxx
09/14/2009, 03:46 PM
make sure that you dissable UAC or taht you run the profilux controle as administrator

gonewyld
09/15/2009, 08:33 AM
Yes I was running it for a few months prior to this mishap...all seems fine now I had to re flash the memory and start fresh.

Thanks!