PDA

View Full Version : Mounting RKL Moonlight Units

SnowManSnow
09/16/2009, 08:48 AM
OK, So I ordered a RK lite the other day (not here yet) and the moon light unit to go with it :)

Something slipped my mind though.. HOW am I going to mount the lights?

Problem is that I don't use a hood for my tank. It is a clean looking acrylic tank and I use an Aquactinics Constellation that sits right down on the top of the thing.

I CAN use the legs for the constellation if it would help.

Any ideas about how I should mount these things?

Should I use very small strips of velco and actually attach them to the acrylic shield of the lamp?

Any advice is appreciated :) Any GOOD advice is REALLY appreciated :)

have a good one.
B

woodwrangler
09/17/2009, 08:42 PM
I'm trying to figure this one out myself. I've got a rimless tank with a sunpower fixture hanging over it, and am considering using Velcro strips or double sided tape to discreetly attach the pods to the back/bottom of the fixture then run the wires up the hanging cable to the outlet. I, too, thought about mounting to the acrylic shield but for some reason think the shield may get too warm and melt the glue on the velco strips.

I'm also considering taking the fixture down to open it up and see if it's possible to mount the pods in the fixture to utilize some reflector reflection.

DaveMorris
09/18/2009, 10:03 PM
I would think Velcro or that double-sticky foam tape would work great. The pods are very small, so you won't need much. They are also super lightweight.

Sisterlimonpot
09/18/2009, 10:05 PM
I think the velcro is a good idea