PDA

View Full Version : Some enterprising buinessman has found a use for all of those pesky asterina stars!

Ooulophilia
09/16/2009, 09:20 PM
Did not know where else to post this but it made me chuckle!

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/4578996/Lucky_Starfish.html

"Can you imagine a tiny starfish move in a star shape glass tank on your table?

Do you believe a star fish alive in the tank without pumped up and easy to take care???

Yes, you can find it now. Our new pet product is named "Magic Starfish".
We package a little star fish in the glass tank with sands, algae and nutrition sea water. it can alive more than 2 years and easy to take care. The Magic Starfish is the smallest star fish in the world. It small than one cm while it growth. The small star fish will fission 15 days a time after feeding, it means the keeper will get star fish baby 2~3 months after feeding.

No need food!
Best gift for friends.
New office pet!
Easy to take care on the table."

The ultimate nano reef huh :lol:

Bongo Shrimp
09/16/2009, 10:27 PM
I think I'm going to get some asterinas out of my tank and try to sell them like that. Or at least give my 10 year old cousin one in a jar.

What about water changes though? And Evap?

nitro4kthompson
09/17/2009, 12:51 AM
I think their translation to English leaves a little to be desired. LOL . Those things remind me of the shrimp ecospheres of several years back. Had a small shrimp,algae, and water enclosed in a glass sphere that supposedly only needed sunlight to survive. Poor starfish.

Bongo Shrimp
09/17/2009, 06:56 PM
Look at it this way, at least in my case they would be eaten by shrimp if they don't go into a jar for a little girl to call a pet.

Western_reefer
09/17/2009, 07:17 PM
LMAO! :lol: :lol:

jimroth
09/22/2009, 12:27 PM
NEWEST PET FOR KIDS AND OFFICE LADY!!! :p