PDA

View Full Version : Chrysurus vs Goldflake in 300g

jc16
09/18/2009, 12:47 AM
Hello i currently have a 300g mixed display with only 13 fishes. I was planning to add a 2 inch chrysurus angel in but i am afraid of the aggression from my juvi golflakes(2.5inch). Do you guys htink it will be a problem? the goldflake is the only angel in the tank and has been in there for 4 months. other tankmates include tangs, wrasses, and anthias nothing too big, only the achilles tang which is about 3.5-4 inches. and later a emperor would be added as well. thanks

jc16
09/18/2009, 12:52 AM
also i have noticed that many juvenile angelfishes look alike how do i tell if it is really a true chrysurus? i will try to post pictures later

lombard0
09/18/2009, 05:38 AM
It can be done. You really need to QT the new guy and feed it well so that it can gain some weight and stamina.

In terms of introducing the new fish into the DT, one approach I would recommend is to use a clear plastic container (just like a fish trap) or some sort and have it there for a few days or even a week or so. Something like this...
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/lombard0/DIY_reefing/DSC07456.jpg

tony varrell
09/18/2009, 07:54 AM
Your concern is warrented. I can tell you the when I recently introduced a new angle (conspic) to the DT my goldflake was extremely agressive for about a week. After that the agression slowly tapered off to where it is not an issue now. Make sure your new addition is well norished prior to adding it...

jc16
09/18/2009, 05:52 PM
actually the chrysurus is only inch and a half i'm afraid of it being too fragile. also how about if i add a multibarred angel to spread out the agression?

lombard0
09/19/2009, 07:22 AM
Point is, the aggression is still there. The established one may or may not go for the multibarred. That is why it is a "must" to QT the new guy and feed it well.