PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty/ Elibi mix???

chort55
09/21/2009, 03:57 PM
i was at a LFS today and saw what looked like a CB/Elibi mix and was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of these. I won't say where or anything yet as I am hoping like crazy it will still be there on Friday when I get paid LOL. It had the outside, facial, and gill markings of a CB, yet the light sides with very faint elibi striping. Best of all it was tagged as a CB and only $30 :D It's bigger then I wanted to go if I got a regular CB as it is around 3.5-4" but if it is still there friday I will pick it up anyways.

Anyone have any ideas if this could possibly be what I think it is, as I have never seen the mix before or even talk of it really.

AuroraDrvr
09/21/2009, 04:21 PM
Coral Beauties probably have the largest variance in coloration among any angelfish.

The one you are looking at is probably similar to this specimen photographed by Randall.
http://content1.eol.org/content/2009/05/19/19/08524_large.jpg

Still a very unique morph of C. bispinosa. :)

chort55
09/21/2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah it was similar. Different but yet similar. The entire outside edge of this one was purple, the around the gill including the fin was purple and orange and just past the eye was as well. Then the sides looked similar except they were more of a full stripe, of a very faint redish orange color alot like the elibi striping which had me thinking.

Its cool though and if it is still there friday I am going to pick it up anyways, even if it isn't a rare hybrid. :)

anbosu
09/22/2009, 07:12 AM
It sounds pretty cool. Good luck and post some pics when you get it!

chort55
09/23/2009, 06:42 PM
It is awesome looking. It does look quite similar to the one pictured above. After reciveing a pm from COPPS about it I am 100% convinced it is not a hybrid, but a color variation of a CB as mentioned above by AuroraDrvr (whom I never doubted anyways).

If it is still available Friday I still plan to pick it up and pics will definitly be posted :D

AuroraDrvr
10/07/2009, 12:16 AM
Any updates?