PDA

View Full Version : Excel Saltwater Parameter Worksheet (Please)

DetroitCrow
09/22/2009, 03:47 PM
Hello,

I'd like to use an excel worksheet to keep track of my tanks water parameters, I have no idea how to make this in excel, so I'm in need of help....

I'm hoping someone good with excel can make up something for me if they haven't made one already..

The list needs to have the following in the headers :
salinity
Temp
pH
Alkalinity
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Phoshate
Calcium
Magnesium
Iodine
Strontium

I hope someone can help I'd like to keep things all in one place insted of on a note pad that tends to get wet.. lol :D

Edit - Or is there a software program that will work better?? and if so whats it called.. thanks

eyesinthedrk
09/23/2009, 11:39 AM
it really isn't difficult to make. do you have any experience with excel?

pm me your real email and i'll see about making one during lunch

DetroitCrow
09/23/2009, 05:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15748158#post15748158 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by eyesinthedrk
it really isn't difficult to make. do you have any experience with excel?

pm me your real email and i'll see about making one during lunch

I have NO exp with excel.. PM sent

Mike31154
09/23/2009, 10:12 PM
If your list does not involve any (or much) calculation, then Excel is overkill. Any good Word Processor with a table function will be fine for a simple list to keep track of parameters. I do have and use Excel to track certain functions of my tank maintenance, but there are worksheets which involve calculations. Excel just happens to open up with worksheets having a nice grid. A table in a word processor will do the same. Here's an example of an Excel list I modified for another RC member who initially had a worksheet for each parameter. I consolidated them on one page for him.

http://ogfarq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pzWEOTqtxjS1mxrtn5J_BrLu_PBxQnSWORbuojNMCHki96kdV3liFJkIjptQKJZ_Dx5tPBuNaFLD-_7cyFVmNWQ/eg2.jpg

eyesinthedrk
09/30/2009, 11:18 AM
can you resend your email? i must have deleted your email address when i cleaned out my pm box for the switch over, i had tryed to send it that day but the company's email server was down

sorry for taking so long to get back to you