PDA

View Full Version : Chalice has white rim

vegita51
09/23/2009, 08:30 PM
Hello I have a chalice that has been in my tank for short while (a month) and seems to be doing fine except that the rim of the chalice is white. I was wondering if that is because it is bleached or if there is another reason such as still adjusting? The skeleton can be seen but there is flesh upon it. The chalice is at the bottom of my tank which is 14" deep under an ATi Fixture that is probably 5" from the water. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

AMW
09/24/2009, 01:02 AM
Interesting...I just put up a post regarding the exact same issue. I am also looking for feedback regarding this chalistic dysfunction!

Chemistry Guy
09/24/2009, 09:04 AM
I see something similar, but it's not white. I have a blue chalice and under Halides the new encrusting growth looks identical to the rest, but under just actinics the new growth is lighter in color. Is that normal?

rigleautomotive
09/24/2009, 09:16 AM
i have a tyree watermelon that is doing the same.the green new growth on half of it is white.the only change i made was running the gfo reactor again after leaving it off line for about 6 months.i hope someone can shed some light on this problem

stunreefer
09/24/2009, 11:28 AM
If there's flesh on it, but it's white, it's likely bleaching a bit or that's the color of the flesh (I see cream sometimes).

Dan, how do your other corals look after reconnecting the GFO Rx? Perhaps it drove PO4 down too fast and shocked the coral.

rigleautomotive
09/24/2009, 11:32 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15753843#post15753843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stunreefer
If there's flesh on it, but it's white, it's likely bleaching a bit or that's the color of the flesh (I see cream sometimes).

Dan, how do your other corals look after reconnecting the GFO Rx? Perhaps it drove PO4 down too fast and shocked the coral.

everything looks better as far as color except one of my milleporas which seems like the PE is not as good as usual.most LPS(acans ,favia etc...) are fine and happier i believe