PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to start with corals

Brettm3535
09/24/2009, 04:44 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/505/224229Main_Tank.jpg

Here is my tank to date. I am ready and wanting to take it to the next level and get corals. I am thinking of getting one starter coral to see how did does in my tank. I was planning on getting Zoanthids to start.

My readings are,
Nitrates 0 ppm
Phosphates 0 ppm
KH Hardness 6 dkh
Calcium 420ppm before last water change.

Let me know what you all think, and just wanting to see if I need to do anything else before I actually go out and purchase the Zoanthids. Any advise and comments would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.:)

IridescentLily
09/24/2009, 05:33 PM
I'm not an expert, but, that sounds fine to me. Sounds like you,ve got everything you need for them.
If you need more specific info about their care or what kind to get, feel free to visit the zoanthid section here on RC, lots of zoa experts and pics, etc.
Enjoy. :-)

Brettm3535
09/24/2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will re post my question in the proper spot on the forum:) Im still new so it will take me a bit to figure everything out:)

1DeR9_3Hy
09/24/2009, 06:59 PM
Sounds like your tank is maturing nicely :) What kind of lights do you currently have?

I also suggest Zoas and Palys for your first corals. Many people still collect them lonnnnnggggg after being in the hobby.

Zestay
09/24/2009, 08:43 PM
please brace yourself for the tang police.

your tank is about 4 times to small to house that blue tang you have in there. id suggest turning it in to your LFS for some credit towards a new fish or a coral like you want =)

pm me and i can email you a link to a great nano tank fish list =)

but in other news zoas are a great first coral!!! wear gloves when handling them, they can kill you. they can secrete "palytoxin" the most poisonous stuff on earth aside from botox ( yes the plastic surgery stuff )