PDA

View Full Version : Why not Weld-on 3?

kahkaw
09/28/2009, 06:59 PM
Why not Weld-on 3? have sone laying around that my uncle gave me a while back.

uncleof6
09/28/2009, 07:02 PM
NO reason other than 3 is a bit faster than 4.. sides I gave you nuffin what r u talking about? snickers.....

kahkaw
09/28/2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry. Just have some and i wanded to use it for a few little projects (Sump) in ny new 120 cube. Dont really want to buy weld-on 4 if i dont need to. just didnt know if there were some chemicals in it that are bad in a reef.

Hop
09/28/2009, 07:09 PM
It's more watery than um.... water and dries a little fast. But I've used it before.

uncleof6
09/28/2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry. Just have some and i wanded to use it for a few little projects (Sump) in ny new 120 cube. Dont really want to buy weld-on 4 if i dont need to. just didnt know if there were some chemicals in it that are bad in a reef.

Don't apologize I was just foolin about. There is nothing wrong with using 3, you just have less time to apply, pull the pins, and get the pieces set together. James "Acrylics" could give you the chemical differences in the two. However, there is nothing that is not reef safe in either, once it is cured.

Regards,

Jim

kahkaw
09/28/2009, 07:16 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks guys!

Acrylics
09/29/2009, 10:15 AM
don't be terribly surprised if it doesn't work well though - depending on age. The methylene chloride component is very volatile and tends to evaporate out of old cans leaving just the "filler" which won't work so well. Not saying it *will* have evaporated out, just don't be surprised.

Other than that, yep - just fine once cured :)

James