PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake vs. Chainlink eel

AC2020x
09/28/2009, 10:04 PM
I have been looking for a while to get a snowflake eel for my 125g. So far I have nothing in there as the tank is still cycling but my plan is for- sometype of puffer, trigger, tang, angel or wrasse. That is until I was at a LFS the other day and they had a couple of chainlink eel. I really liked them, they look similar and they seem to swim around alot more- where as snowflakes will hide alot and then swim a little. I would much rather have an eel that is swimming around alot. I don't know if this was just abnormal behavior for them or what but I definitely liked there activeness which continued for over 1/2 hour.

My question is would a chainlink be fine with these fish in this size of tank? Does it also eat the same stuff as a snowflake?

Thanks alot
-AC

AC2020x
09/30/2009, 06:32 AM
bump?

Beamers
09/30/2009, 07:55 AM
My friend had both of those eels at one point, the snowflake did tend to hide in the rockwork more - while the chainlink would still hide in the rockwork, but venture out and about a bit more often.

they're very siimlar in attitude / compatibility, I'd say the chainlink is a bit more on the bold side though.

This is just going off of stories he's told me and how i've seen the eels act when I was over his house.

AC2020x
09/30/2009, 02:32 PM
Cool, I'll def think about it!