PDA

View Full Version : Open brain coral stung by closed/maze brain coral

tobiaty
09/29/2009, 02:45 PM
I've had my green open brain coral for about two years, and it's always been healthy and happy. Just recently, I acquired a maze/closed brain coral. The maze brain began spreading, and normally let out stingers about two inches long, so I foolishly thought my open brain would be safe a good four inches away (while puffed up). I was shocked to find the maze had stung my open brain with some extra long stingers, causing it to shrink. I've been target feeding it with a turkey baster, and added extra nutrients, but two days later, it began showing some slight reddish discoloration where it was previously stung. I moved the closed brain even further away (a good six inches), so I'm not worried about the open brain being stung again. Is there anything I can do to save the little guy? He's my favorite tank inhabitant, and I'd love for him to fully recover. Any input would be appreciated.

Sheol
09/29/2009, 05:22 PM
Favids can be VERY aggressive, almost as much as Euphyllia corals. The first tentacles were not sweepers apparently.
The long set WERE..
I hope your coral recovers.

Sincerely,
Matthew