PDA

View Full Version : DIY'rs HOW HOW HOW shallow/deep design

asharp13
10/01/2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.sciviews.org/_phgrosjean/index.html

here is a link to a shallow and deep aquarium design. i am wondering how this is possible, can anyone educate me on a good flow design for a tank like this? in the natural ocean, does water flow from shallow to deep or visa versa?

let me know what you all think this is one of the coolest things i have seen in a long time!!!

atwinparadox2
10/01/2009, 01:23 PM
Well if there is flow from the top it will naturally flow to the bottom and most likely swirl down there. I would imagine there is a drain or something down there or another pump or pipe to move water. Water will flow in any direction if you forcefully move it. i.e. water pump. Stunning tank either way for sure!

uncleof6
10/01/2009, 01:51 PM
I suspect in this tank, that there is return plumbing hidden in the "reef crest" area providing circulation in the tank. This is the vertical rock portion of the aquascape. This is speculative, however.

Jim

kcress
10/01/2009, 03:46 PM
That is a very nice design.

No comment flow wise.

unbreakable
10/01/2009, 06:41 PM
how do you add sand to the top portion? i wonder if it would just get blown off?

asharp13
10/01/2009, 08:59 PM
i was thinking the sand was either glued and permanent or there has to be a little lip where it dropps off to hold the upper sand bed in

Bio-nut
10/02/2009, 11:49 AM
IT looks as if the corse sand is appoxied to the wall and the floor on the upper reigion. as far as flow I would say that there is in-puts at the top/back aiming towards the front and the flow naturally drops and churns the bottom!