PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Completed.

Montezuma
10/01/2009, 01:19 PM
So my Ammonia dropped about 2 weeks ago to 0, and last 2 days my nitrites are 0. Should I wait a while to move my corals in there? I have them all in a temp tank that was waiting for this one to cycle. Just didnt want to overload the new tank

wooden_reefer
10/01/2009, 02:22 PM
If you can trust the accuracy of your test kit, and if ammonia has dropped from moderate or high to zero and nitrite has risen and fallen, you don't have to wait. If nitrite has started to plumet, it will go to zero in a few days. Wait just two more days if you don't trust your test kit completely.

How did you set up the temp tank for corals? Have you been giving them the right lightening? Does it have nitrification? Curious.

Why did you first get the corals and then cycle the DT?

kristenashley48
10/01/2009, 04:44 PM
I'd definitely wait a few days and make sure the test stays at 0 and that it's accurate. No point in killing off a tank of corals because of a few days wait.

thegrun
10/01/2009, 05:00 PM
What are your nitrate levels at? It is a good idea to do a major water change after the cycle, wait a couple of days and then add your corals. They don't add much of a bioload to the tank.