PDA

View Full Version : Help - PFO plug for MH ballast

rsaha
10/01/2009, 06:21 PM
I am trying to upgrade my reflectors to sunlight supply lumenmax and I just learned that the plug from these units doesn't work with PFO ballasts. I'm running PFO 250 HQI to drive xm10Ks and I'm happy with the combo so I want to keep the ballast. I also have a 2x400w PFO ballast that I want to sell with my current reflectors and sockets so I don't want to cannibalize that to make the lumenmax work (i.e. wire in my existing cables).

I am wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on a couple of PFO compatible plugs or better yet cables.

Romain

Phyxius
10/01/2009, 06:28 PM
At one time Premium Aquatics had them and thats where I got mine but it was awhile back. I think these are getting hard to find from all the people looking for them after they went out of business

rsaha
10/04/2009, 08:03 AM
I managed to find one at JLAquatics. Premium won't sell without an accompanying ballast:sad2:

fishtime123
10/04/2009, 08:09 AM
Yes unfortunately all pfo parts will become harder to locate.

mm949
10/04/2009, 02:32 PM
u should swap out the cords going to the sockets from the pfo ballast to the lumenmax reflector

henrystyle
02/05/2010, 05:30 AM
http://www.spaparts.com/newcustomers.htm
see their catalog pages 16 & 17.
J & J plugs and receptacles. PFO used j & j to make their ballasts.
Plug is called the ozonator. Lock & Seal plug and receptacle.
http://www.jandjelectronics.com/intercon.htm#spacesaver

Hope that helps...
Theres 2 so you have to measure the one you have already.

slief
02/05/2010, 08:49 AM
PM me. I have an extra pair I was keeping for spares that I can sell you cheap.

henrystyle
02/05/2010, 09:17 AM
pm sent

slief
02/05/2010, 11:09 AM
Looks like Henry beat me to it.
I was able to figure out the manufacturer of the cables PFO used. The Mfg is J and J electronics. Here is a link (http://www.jandjelectronics.com/intercon.htm#special)to their site with a picture of the connetors. I would suggest contacting them directly since you need to the female connection that is hard wired into the ballast. Hope that helps you!

Another thought would be to cannibalize an extension cord. Use the female end on the ballast and the male end for the mogul connection. That would allow you to go to your local hardware store for your parts.

henrystyle
02/05/2010, 03:40 PM
You can also use another ballast plug also...just splice and reconnect...3 wire plug and receptacle. I'm going with 2 of these. Just gonna cut the white connector off...
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PFO-MHCONVERT&Category_Code=

Grumpy Vet
08/14/2011, 05:09 AM
Found this thread and I'm trying to track down male plugs for PFO 175 SE watt ballasts.

I'll call this J&J Electronics on Monday. Anybody know of another place to find male plugs?

Also, anyone know which plug I need?

Fits hole size .530" x 1.065"

Fits hole size 1.000" x 1.310"

Alternatively, if anyone has some they would like to sell - I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
GV

Grumpy Vet
08/14/2011, 03:14 PM
Perhaps the morning folks don't use PFO ballasts...how about you evening people?

fxbyjanice
11/28/2011, 11:00 PM
GrumpyVet - Did you find anything out calling J&J? I tried contacting them but didn't get anywhere. I wonder if you got to someone that could help. I desperately need 2 extension cords for my PFO ballast and it's proving to be near impossible.

I'd appreciate your response in knowing if you found anything out. Thanks!

Grumpy Vet
12/07/2011, 11:32 AM
Nope. I called and it rang and rang. When I set up my system - I think I might have to direct wire the PFOs instead of using the proprietary plugs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Jeremy B.
12/07/2011, 12:09 PM
We bought out all of PFO's inventory after the bank had possession of the building. Let me know what spare parts you're needing, we have a ton (literally) here!

Grumpy Vet
12/07/2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I would be looking for about 4 - 6 male PFO plugs that would plug into the female part of the ballast.

Horrible picture attached.

Maybe PM me a price when you have a minute?

What other kind of PFO stuff do you guys have?

Thanks,
Brian