PDA

View Full Version : Getting strange emails from the APEX

thebradybunch
10/02/2009, 08:22 AM
I know this was a problem with earlier versions of the firmware but I have the most current version and this just started last week. I haven't made any changes to either the APEX or the firmware for several weeks. I am getting alarms that indicate the PH has dropped below the alarm point however the email shows the correct PH which is higher than the alarm set point. Here's the one I got today:
Alarm Statement:If ph<7.85 Then ON
Current PH 7.95

kenargo
10/02/2009, 08:40 AM
I'm guessing the PH is blipping low for some reason; the email includes the current reading at the time the email is sent (not the time the alarm is triggered) so it is possible that the value is not below the trigger (but it was).

Take a look at the outlet XML and see if the time the email comes on if there is something else around the same time (light?). Just guessing but when I saw this happen it turned out the lights turned on at the same time and a slight re-route of cables and I haven't seen the problem since.

thebradybunch
10/02/2009, 09:12 AM
I'm guessing the PH is blipping low for some reason; the email includes the current reading at the time the email is sent (not the time the alarm is triggered) so it is possible that the value is not below the trigger (but it was).

Ken, I went back and looked at the email and found something else that bothers me even more. The alarm was triggered yesterday at 23:08:45 however the email wasn't sent until today at 04:08. I am glad this wasn't a water spill. Since the graph doesn't go past midnight I can't see what my level was at that time but it would be hard to believe it could be that low. My ph never goes below 7.9 and was at 8.15 at midnight just 50 minutes later. Also when I have seen this at other times I was able to check the log and the graph and there was no indication of a dip.

I have not used the XML Outlet but will try that this afernoon but will I be able to tell what was going on prior to midnight? I do know that none of my outlets should have been changing state at that point and that the chiller was not on. I am wondering if its something to do with outside interfence.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know what I can find anyting out by using the XML file.

HeneryH
10/02/2009, 11:29 AM
Look at the time stamp and see if any lights are gonig on at that time. I had trouble with my MH kicking on and triggering alarms from the interference. Moving the cables solved it for me.

thebradybunch
10/02/2009, 11:37 AM
I checked the time and the time on the alarm was 11:08pm. The only lights on are the LEDs and both the MHs and the VHOs had been off for 2-3 hours.

kenargo
10/02/2009, 04:05 PM
That is very strange; I don't know if this would cause it but a power lul could cause things to read funny for a second or so. See if it happens again; it could have just been a power blip. Guessing...

thebradybunch
10/02/2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks, it's no big deal. I'll watch it and report back if it happens again.