PDA

View Full Version : black sailfin blenny

deuce2002
10/02/2009, 01:59 PM
anyone know anything about these i will say this they arent reef safe at least mines not it is ripping the flesh from my Idaho grape monticap,i thought bleenies were reef safe you should see what this thing did in 1 day,and i know it is it doing it i have seen it do it now the problem is if it is going to do it to any other corals and if it is how the heck im going to get it out i have 450lbs of live rock and i doubt it will even go near a trap,what should i do.Harppon it LOL.RJ

PGUY1
10/02/2009, 07:05 PM
The comb toothed blennies are not safe. I had a blue-faced and it tore into my montis and millis. I tried the harpoon route but it didn't work. I finally read a post on here about catching rogue fish. Turn all of the lights including moonlights and lights in the room off for thirty minutes. Watch the hole or crevice it goes into for the night before the lights go out. Then just turn the lights on suddenly and prod it out of its hole with a rod and dip it out with a net. It will be blinded and disoriented. I took out three chromis and my evil blenny in a couple of minutes that way.

deuce2002
10/02/2009, 08:42 PM
thx for the advice i used a large net put some mysis in it as bait right in front of the den within 5 minutes he went right into the net and i got him now its in the sump,temporarily till i can find a new home for it,boy did this thing rip the crap out of the monticap.