PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Ushio SE 20K bulb

AquamanE
10/03/2009, 09:55 AM
I just bought a pair of 250W. I cant use raduim cause of ballast.

What do users of this bulb think? color on corals etc...

AquamanE
10/03/2009, 01:22 PM
No one has these bulbs?

on the spot
10/03/2009, 06:47 PM
How do you like them? are you using magnetic or electronic ballasts? Why did you choose them?

I use XM's 20k with magnetic ballasts. I like the color over electronic ballasts, but would like to find similar color with better growth.

AquamanE
10/04/2009, 09:30 AM
How do you like them? are you using magnetic or electronic ballasts? Why did you choose them?

I use XM's 20k with magnetic ballasts. I like the color over electronic ballasts, but would like to find similar color with better growth.

Dont know how i like them yet, theyve only been on for 5 days.

I chose them because I was looking to go with Raduims, but met the Ushio people in MACNA. They informed my I could run them with my ballast so i bought them.

I didnt know of any other 20K that would run with my ballast.

on the spot
10/04/2009, 09:52 AM
Which ballast are you using? Five days in how in your opinion do the bulbs look? Are you happy with the color? Do you have any numbers on "these are better bulbs that what you had"?

What really matters is that the tank doesn't regress from the bulbs - way to much or not enough par, and that you are happy with the color. I'd rather have a bit more growth, I'm hoping better reflectors push the XM to a respectable balance.

AquamanE
10/04/2009, 11:02 AM
Yes I like the look but too soon for other than that, thats why i was looking for other users. Any out there? No I have no numbers.

This is the ballast I use. Came with used set up I bought. Will eventually upgrade, but ive done well with it so far for a year.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/aquamane_photos/IMG_0365.jpg

diciple
10/06/2009, 11:43 AM
contact catalina aquarium .com they'll confirm as long as it isnt HQI you should be fine i have used DE usios 14 and 20 kthey are very good lamps 20 k is bomb for 20k's imho Rich

AquamanE
10/08/2009, 07:18 PM
contact catalina aquarium .com they'll confirm as long as it isnt HQI you should be fine i have used DE usios 14 and 20 kthey are very good lamps 20 k is bomb for 20k's imho Rich

Please explain what you mean.