PDA

View Full Version : Aqua medic

jhawkor
10/03/2009, 03:43 PM
I have an aqua medic spacelight metal halide fixture and one of the 250 watt bulbs won't fire up. I think it is a ballast prob. I opened it up to look at the ballast and this thing doesn't look very easy to replace (I don't know anything about electricity). Should I try to call aqua medic on Monday? If I send it in to them will they replace the ballast?

jhawkor
10/03/2009, 05:24 PM
bump

jhawkor
10/03/2009, 07:53 PM
Anyone had experience with aquamedic support?

Aerowen
10/03/2009, 08:00 PM
i had the same problem, i called aquamedic. Turns out 2 of the transformers was blown, they sent me new ones i think 80 each. then after i had to replace the internal ballasts. Wiring was easy for the transformers, not so much for the ballasts.The customer support was great and they helped me through the whole thing. Good luck

jhawkor
10/03/2009, 08:11 PM
i had the same problem, i called aquamedic. Turns out 2 of the transformers was blown, they sent me new ones i think 80 each. then after i had to replace the internal ballasts. Wiring was easy for the transformers, not so much for the ballasts.The customer support was great and they helped me through the whole thing. Good luck

Yeah, the ballasts don't look too user friendly in the spacelight. When I turn on the 250's one of the ballast makes a humming noise and the one that I think is fried makes no noise. This pretty much means I need to replace the ballast right?