PDA

View Full Version : Buying Frags On line

Gilbert Lowe
10/03/2009, 08:40 PM
I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on what on line site would be best to buy frags. To this point I have only bought from my LFS and am not satisfied with the selection. There are a quite a few sites out there and I am not sure which one is best or deliver quality livestock.

Thanks

poidog81
10/03/2009, 10:35 PM
I've bought from live aquaria and mr coral several times. It's best to call mr coral instead of using their site... they'll tell you what ORA that have in stock, and give good suggestions/opinions on what looks good. live aquaria always has premium frags and ORA.

iFisch
10/04/2009, 12:11 PM
I've bought from live aquaria and mr coral several times. It's best to call mr coral instead of using their site... they'll tell you what ORA that have in stock, and give good suggestions/opinions on what looks good. live aquaria always has premium frags and ORA.

Depends what your looking for, expect in terms of quality and customer service, and what you're willing to spend.

DFS is one of the best online vendors, period. Along with Unique Corals.

rssayer
10/04/2009, 12:26 PM
I've always liked what coralfanatics has in stock, especially if your into zoos. They have a great selection of smaller corals fit for us nano keepers.
Check them out at www.coralfanatics.com. Great prices too.

Korrine
10/04/2009, 02:02 PM
I've been pleased with my fish purchases from live aquaria and their corals also come w/a guarantee esp when buying their propagated items.

Korrine
10/04/2009, 02:02 PM
I forgot to say that since my fish purchases have gone well, I'm sure coral ones would too. I'm just waiting to upgrade my lighting to go for corals.

Gilbert Lowe
10/04/2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info! Has anyone ordered from fraggle reef? If so what do you think?

Flipper62
10/04/2009, 08:42 PM
I have bought a few frags from Live Aquaria. They were fom the Divers Den section. Everything was just as I saw on the website & still doing just fine.

SkinnyArtist
10/05/2009, 12:25 AM
I've always liked what coralfanatics has in stock, especially if your into zoos. They have a great selection of smaller corals fit for us nano keepers.
Check them out at www.coralfanatics.com. Great prices too.

Woh, thanks for the link. I'm $75 poorer and three zoa colonies richer. Awesome site.

I just hope they'll do alright with the two day shipping.

SkinnyArtist
10/05/2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.coralfanatics.com/coralfanaticsimages/zoo12490lrg.jpg

http://www.coralfanatics.com/coralfanaticsimages/zoo12492lrg.jpg

http://www.coralfanatics.com/coralfanaticsimages/zoo12498lrg.jpg

For $18, $15, and $16 respectfully, that's a fantastic deal. We'll see how well they ship and I'll give an update when they arrive Wednesday.

** Update

Just got an email confirming the shipment with tracking number. That's fast. Very impressed, considering I put the order in last night at 2am.

rssayer
10/05/2009, 11:50 AM
Damn, and I was looking at buying two of those the other day. My delay will be to your gain.
Glad I could be of help. If you visit that site on a regular basis you'll find some excellent zoos offered every once in a while. Plus I really like the sizes and prices.
Best of luck and let me know how the shipping goes and how they turn out
Cheers.
Scott

BullDZR
10/05/2009, 01:43 PM
I had an awesome experiance with www.worldwidecorals.com

SkinnyArtist
10/07/2009, 02:07 PM
Got the frags today and they're doing fine. Very impressed.

Houndsbayman
06/24/2011, 11:02 AM
I have found that as far as quality frags and corals of any size and colorful clams, that Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture has always been the best for me. They have a wonderful website with pics of everything that is WYSIWYG. And thier customer service is extremely great.

Moonstream
06/24/2011, 04:10 PM
I've gotten several pieces from liveaquaria in the past; I like to use them for larger colonies/pieces over frags, I find that their frags can be a little on the high side price wise.

I've also ordered from fraggle reef, and must say, I was impressed! I'd never ordered from them before, so I was a bit tentative to place a large order. for what I think totaled to about $130, I got a torch frag, a frogspawn frag, and a chalice, and they even sent a free two-headed bright green candycane frag. the torch and frogspawn came in much larger than I'd expected, a good 2-3" fully expanded, and very healthy. the chalice had some minor tissue recession on one edge, but was bright and healthy and re-grew that tissue very quickly. everything was shipped quickly, and packaged well. I will definitely be making another order with them, hopefully soon.