PDA

View Full Version : anyone use micro-lift products ?

NyReefNoob
10/03/2009, 08:45 PM
well after macna and having gotten to chat with a few vendors, sales rep. ect. i was given nite out II, and special blend.

To the Consumer - At Ecological Laboratories, we are strongly aware of our responsibility to environmental stewardship and sustainable development. By providing safe, natural products we allow our customers to also be good stewards of the environment so that it will be suitable for your children and grandchildren. Unlike many other marketers of bacterial products, we produce our own bacteria, so we can be assured that everything we put our name on is 100% safe and effective

this i like, the gentleman i spoke with was able to explain it so a non-Chemist, could understand it, then do a little research, really is a natural cleanser. so i am gonna try this out, or should say i am. , will update with tank shots

jennmac415
10/03/2009, 09:15 PM
will be eager to hear what you think. I have wondered about those products for some time...

bertoni
10/04/2009, 06:51 PM
I'm fairly skeptical about adding bacterial species to tanks. They might function as a carbon source, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

1DeR9_3Hy
10/04/2009, 08:50 PM
Eco labs has been making pond products for years...and i might add some of the best! I beleive the quote above may be concering their pond line up, which does use a few different bacteria species and also come with a catalyst of sorts for said bacteria. AFAIK, they do not have a bacteria based product for aquarium use.

NyReefNoob
10/05/2009, 06:08 PM
MICROBE-LIFT/Special Blend is a mix of bacterial strains that were chosen to help maintain a
healthy environment for aquarium inhabitants at the same time keeping the tank clean, and clear.
The bacteria in Special Blend function as waste degraders, breaking down hard to degrade
substances like grease, long chain fatty acids, and glycerol that are found in sh food. With their
ability to keep up with the waste you can prevent the build-up of detritus on the substrate and in
pockets of low water ow in a reef. These bacteria also work anaerobically to remove nitrate (NO3
-)
by converting it to nitrogen gas. Nitrate (NO3
-) is toxic to some inhabitants of the aquarium as well as
being a major contributing factor for algae growth. By removing nitrate (NO3
-) you can reduce the
amount of algae in the aquarium signicantly. In an established system, nitrate (NO3
-) removal can be
seen within hours this is directly from them, they have several products for aquariums, as well as for ponds, waste management ect. i will say this since i started 2 weeks ago i havent had to clean my glass but once in 2 weeks

90reefernyc
11/13/2009, 12:01 AM
any updates?