PDA

View Full Version : everything was going great and then this

crsaz
10/03/2009, 08:48 PM
well over the past few days I noticed a white spot slowly growing on my purple rim monti. I took it out of the tank tonight for closer inspection and montipora eating nudibranchs. right away I knew exactly where I got them from(aquatic auctions) I stupidly forgot to dip 2 colonies of acans I got from them thursday. I emediatly dipped all of my montis in a lugols solution. and out of my 5 montipora colonies I found 6 nudi's I could see. so I think I caught it early. I found no eggs. who else has delt with monti eating nudibranchs? what did you do to treat it? and how long did it take to rid your tank of them.

imisky
10/03/2009, 10:18 PM
i've dealt with the before but it was a small case for me, i found my superman monti becoming less colorful so i pulled it out one night to see if there were nudis eating it and sure enough there was, i literally "pressure washed" every hole i could find on the small frag rock (given it was only about 2 inches with rock attached) and filled it with superglue gel. never had them return and its been a year.

ADMTyPeReEf-eR
10/04/2009, 04:22 AM
I just found out that my tank is infected by MEN. Oh boy these guys will finished off your monti quick. just lost one small frag of Reverse sunset and now theyre on my cap, and orange monti. So what i did is to inspect the corals every day and dip them in the rivive every two day to make sure that they're complete off the system.. I just hate all the pest