PDA

View Full Version : Driver problem

Jacques Cousteau
04/03/2003, 07:55 PM
I have a stream pump and it's driver (the blue box) just starting making a high pitch sound today and the pump is not functioning. What should I do?

rvitko
04/03/2003, 08:29 PM
The problem is the result of a blocked drive unit. Remove it and clean it. The driver sounds an alarm and cuts power to the pump as a safety measure when this occurs. Follow the steps in pages 32-41. Pay particular attention to the brake shoes which should smoothly ratchet in and out and frequently become fouled with fine particulate matter. Also check that part 3g is not fused to part 3f by lime deposits- see page 48. This is a simple problem of either calcium fouling or debris in the drive unit and is easily solved and is not related to the driver.

Jacques Cousteau
04/04/2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks Roger. I read the manual (which i should have done before asking) and fixed it last night. I am a little curious how often you should clean the inside. I had tremendous calcium deposits and the pump has only been in the tank for two months.

rvitko
04/04/2003, 10:47 AM
It is similar to a car engine in the old days where their are parts that have to wear in. The frequency will reduce over time. If it is needed more than every few moths it might be necessary to review your calcium and buffer dosing. The problem is less frequent with a calcium reactor and more fequent with 2 part additives- this is my experience and has led to much debate. Kalk seems to really aggrivate the problem if used in conjunction with two part additives.