PDA

View Full Version : Apex Firmware update now nothing working

Xenia_Princess
10/04/2009, 01:17 PM
I was updating my firmware, everything was hardwired as normal. Midway through it said it could not connect to the apex. Now the display will not come on. I've tried resetting the system and nothing will come on, my ethernet also shows it is not connecting(Green light).

If anyone has a fix please helpa asap, not sure if everything is workign like it should.

Xenia_Princess
10/04/2009, 03:38 PM
anyone heard of this my system is completely down...only 1 powerhead and return pump is working

kenargo
10/04/2009, 05:21 PM
anyone heard of this my system is completely down...only 1 powerhead and return pump is working

Is the Apex hard-connected or wireless? It needs to be hard connected and you need to run the uploader again. Is sounds like the upgrade didn't complete which leaves the Apex in a non-functioning state.

Xenia_Princess
10/04/2009, 09:14 PM
the apex is hard wired to a wireless router, but my comp is talking to it through wireless, do I need to hardwire the computer to the router to?

Also once I do that how can I connect to it, it is not giving me a green light on the ethernet.

kenargo
10/04/2009, 11:52 PM
If you power cycle the Apex the status light will flash (this is known as boot loader mode) during which time the uploader is able to send packets (no the computer doesn't need to be direct connected).

What you might want to try os to boot the PC into safe mode; restart the PC and when the preamle completes press F8, then choose "Safe mode with networking". It is possible that the anti-virus cause the 1st failure and safe mode will not have any anti-virus installed.

Sorry, I didn't get back to you, we went out and only now are back but is't time for bed.