PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal not eating

100%hydrophylic
10/05/2009, 01:35 PM
just got a cardinal and acclimated him and put him in quarantine. (5 gal tank, hob filter, heater, small light, air stone. i know its a small quarantine but i only get small fish really, and the cardinal is under 2 inches.) hes acting fine and looks healthy. when i try to feed him he goes for the mysis and then just spits it out. what should i do? atm im out of brine and cyclopeze (spelling?). ive had him 2 days so far. ive never had a fish that wouldnt eat, so any advice would help.

Shane Hoffman
10/05/2009, 01:41 PM
Garlic extreme and mysis, brine, or flakes

One of those 3 should do the trick. Soak the food in about a shot glass full of water. Add the garlic to the food and water. Stir it up and let it sit a few minutes. I have never known cardinals to be real finicky eaters. I have owned both pajamas and bangais. Garlic extreme is at almost every LFS and is rather pricey if you get it there. Your better off ordering online but you dont have that kind of time.

100%hydrophylic
10/05/2009, 02:00 PM
problem is i cant drive yet and theres no way i can get it until next weekend, so is there any home "remedies" or something?