PDA

View Full Version : Instant Ocean Salt

SLICKTOP
10/05/2009, 04:16 PM
I noticed that the Calcium and the magnesium has increased in the new salt. When did they change?

Billybeau1
10/05/2009, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure Slick. Probably some time in the last 9 months.

I got a tip from someone earlier this year that they might have changed their formula. Although they denied it initially, I think a big company like that just does not want the fanfare that comes with something like this. After all, they are already one of the most used salts on the market. Why rock the boat, right ?

Either way, Instant Ocean now has more calcium and magnesium than years ago and it only makes it more attractive for reefers and FOWLR's.

FYI, Reef Crystals also increased their calcium and magnesium giving reef tank owners more of what they want. :)

Billybeau1
10/05/2009, 04:45 PM

SLICKTOP
10/06/2009, 05:12 AM
I did not realize that and the reason why I mention it I have been adding calcium and Magnesium to my water when preparing to make my bi-weekly water changes. My corals have grown out better this summer than ever and I have had this reef tank for 10yrs plus. I also removed my calcium reator and started dosing myself last spring. I have not tested my water since March and everything seems to be good. Now that the long days and summer are gone and I spend more time indoors I will pay more attention to Reef Central and the changing times in the Hobby..

Billybeau1
10/06/2009, 01:39 PM
You seem to be doing quite well without testing. I know someone else who is like that :lol2:

If your tank looks good, I'm sure it is.

Good luck :)