PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Blue Tang Spots?

Funkycold
10/06/2009, 03:26 PM
Today i noticed white spots on my Atlantic blue. They dont appear to be ick. it looks like his skin is bleaching. He is not acting strange. i dont think it is irritating. Nothing has been introduced to the tank in over a year. tank mates include 2 cardinal fish, snails, 1 hermet crab. I did change seaweed brands two weeks ago. from Juliani Sprungs to off brand orchids. this is sold as sushi nori at the supermarket. Im going to discontinue use immediately and switch back to Julians. I would like to know if anyone knows what the spots are and if there is any treatment?

RBU1
10/06/2009, 07:58 PM
No need to worry....Do you have an anemone? Looks tom me just like a sting. Should be gone in a day or so.

Funkycold
10/06/2009, 08:49 PM
I do not have any anemone. I do have lots of corallimorphs. I do hope it is nothing to worry about. thanks!

JHemdal
10/07/2009, 06:38 AM
I don't think that the Nori caused this, but I would change back anyway because the resturant nori is certainly toasted and will not have any vitamin C to speak of - I'm pretty sure that the Sprung brand is air-dried.

+1 on the coral sting, Except that the spots along the back are NOT the usual place where fish like this get stung - more often around the mouth, tail and belly - first points of contact.

For now I would watch the spots and see if they heal and redevelop, or spread (using past pictures for reference).

Jay

Funkycold
10/07/2009, 01:05 PM
Im keep an eye on it and will post any developments. thanks!

Funkycold
10/08/2009, 09:00 AM
I came home today and my Atlantic Blue tang is spot free and looking good. Im still not 100% on what caused the spots but im glad they are gone. thanks for the advice!