PDA

View Full Version : Keeping dremel bit cool and what speed?

CBehr
10/07/2009, 10:28 AM
I just started using a diamond dremel cutting wheel and am curious as to how you guys keep it cool and what speed you run at? It makes a crazy mess if you try to keep any sort of water on the blade and just throws junk everywhere!! I am considering making some type of acrylic splatter shield.

whatcaneyedo
10/11/2009, 07:32 PM
I just started using a diamond dremel cutting wheel and am curious as to how you guys keep it cool and what speed you run at? It makes a crazy mess if you try to keep any sort of water on the blade and just throws junk everywhere!! I am considering making some type of acrylic splatter shield.

I would lay a 20gal tank on its side and use it as a splatter sheild by doing my cutting inside of it. Now I use a wet/dry diamond blade bandsaw.

Stormtrooper
10/12/2009, 01:38 AM
I dont use any water and I run it at full rpm when cutting Acro's etc however I do wear
safety goggles.

EvMiBo
10/12/2009, 10:16 AM
I dont use any water and I run it at full rpm when cutting Acro's etc however I do wear
safety goggles.

do you use the diamond bit??

is it one of the circular ones? I have a dremel and I've been wondering what type of bit is best for fragging, etc.

EvMiBo
10/20/2009, 07:39 AM
bump