PDA

View Full Version : Using Kent turbo Calcium

Chipie
10/07/2009, 05:31 PM
Hi,
I have a 172g total volume of water and the calcium is at 350. I want to raise it to 420. I have been given some Kent Turbo Calcium( i measures and it is 2 cups(14.1 oz) by the guy who sold me the tank and i would like to use it to raise my calcium.
I'm usually using the 2 part from BRS.
My question is, how do i use the Kent Turbo calcium? Do i dilute it in some water like i do with the BRS calcium? Same amount of water ?
Thanks

mikedelgado
10/07/2009, 07:34 PM
I think it is basically the same stuff that the calcium part of your 2 part is.
calcium chloride not positive though

rezaktp
10/07/2009, 09:25 PM
I agree

bertoni
10/07/2009, 09:33 PM
It's calcium chloride, probably with a bit of magnesium. I'd just use the calcium chloride line in the calculator, although it might have an entry of its own. The archives seem to be down, so I can't get to a link for the calculator, if you need one.

Billybeau1
10/08/2009, 06:33 AM
Here is the calculator.

Kents Turbo Calcium is listed in there for dosing instructions.

Reef Chemicals Calculator

http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chem_calc3.html (http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejdieck1/chem_calc3.html)

Chipie
10/08/2009, 10:25 AM
Yes it's listed but if i would want to dilute the turbo calcium in a 1 gallons jug it doesn't give me how much to use. It only gives how many tsp to use to raise my level to the level i want. I would rather dilute the whole package(2 cups) in water and them be able to use it like the BRS stuff. I checked if i used the calcium chloride line (dow flakes)or the Kent Turbo Calcium line and there's a big difference in quantity i should use(10 tsp)
:(

Billybeau1
10/08/2009, 02:11 PM
Yes, but there is also a big difference in price. :D

I would keep using your 2-part and just add the TC by the tsp until you get your level where you want it.

Then down the road, you have the option of switching to a salt mix that has more calcium out of the box. :)

Chipie
10/08/2009, 02:16 PM
The Turbo Calcium was free to that's why i have it. I just wanted to use it to raise my calcium level and them use the BRS 2 part like i used to in my other tanks. :)

Billybeau1
10/08/2009, 02:26 PM
That sounds like a fine plan. The Turbo will definitely raise your calcium level. It is very potent. :)