PDA

View Full Version : Most concentrated addatives

PogoMonogo
10/07/2009, 08:45 PM
So, I have been running the bacteria method in my aquarium minus the zeovit for about 2 years now. Its been running fantastic and my tank has really thrived. Recently, as things have really exploded, I believe trace elements to be an issue. I have the Brightwell iron, potassium and strontium and while they work fine, in my 100g system I am eating through the bottle in 2-3 weeks. Are the little blue zeo bottles a better way to go? I also see links to herbal websites occasionally that show powder suppliments people use. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

Billybeau1
10/08/2009, 06:36 AM
I have no experience with those products.

Personally, I would just increase water changes as most salt mixes have everything you need in regards to trace elements. :)

bertoni
10/08/2009, 08:43 AM
I'm not convinced that those supplements are useful, except perhaps iron, since it is depleted quickly. The Zeo products might be cheaper, but I'd be cautious about using supplements intended for human consumption, as they often contain fillers, etc, that are not appropriate for our tanks.

luther1200
10/08/2009, 04:25 PM
I would look into AA dosing instead of the elements, if you aren't already. I use Polyp Labs AA and a few of there other products and I really like them. They are expensive, but they last a long time. I think they say 1 bottle will last 8 months on a 100g system.

eggiel
10/08/2009, 04:46 PM
So, I have been running the bacteria method in my aquarium minus the zeovit for about 2 years now. Its been running fantastic and my tank has really thrived. Recently, as things have really exploded, I believe trace elements to be an issue. I have the Brightwell iron, potassium and strontium and while they work fine, in my 100g system I am eating through the bottle in 2-3 weeks. Are the little blue zeo bottles a better way to go? I also see links to herbal websites occasionally that show powder suppliments people use. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

Zeovit is more concentrated then Brightwell look at there suggested dosing drops and you will see that zeovit is less amounts para gallons of water then Brightwell

You will be convience once you use it