PDA

View Full Version : GSP on ugly tile...what can I do?

nanshaw2001
10/08/2009, 01:59 PM
It came ol a large broke piece of ceramic tile. How can I move it to another piece of rock? TIA !!!!:wave:

nanshaw2001
10/09/2009, 04:58 AM
Bumping fpr the morning crowd!!!! I thought I had read about scraping it off with a razor blade? But the how do I attach it to the new rock? Thanks in advance for any input!!!!

puffer35
10/09/2009, 07:50 AM
Razor it, but watch out for your fingers! That crap hurts! hopefully the glue adhesive they use breaks off. Then glue it to what ever piece you want.

NCSUsalt
10/09/2009, 10:46 PM
just glue the tile down and wait a month, it'll cover it an start growing on the rock

CLINTOS
10/10/2009, 07:57 AM
Yep the easiest way is to just find a nice crevice/hole on a piece of L.R then place it there where it won't be disturbed or be moving too much and let it naturally spread

gregod
10/10/2009, 08:21 AM
if you can peel the mat up you can glue it anywhere you want

Moebuis
10/10/2009, 09:55 AM
As fast as GSP grows, I'd just sit it next to where you want it and allow it to grow there. After it's taken hold, remove the tile and trade it with someone that has something else you want in your tank.

AndrewG
10/10/2009, 02:47 PM
The stuff tends to grow up towards the light faster than sideways or down if you decide to use the spreading technique. I am too impatient and would just hack a hunk off and super glue gel it where you want. This stuff is almost impossible to kill and technique probably isnt too key here.

madean
10/11/2009, 12:05 AM
If you are set on the gsp not being on the tile, then get a scalpel. You can cut the outer edges of the gsp to get it started and then flip the scalpel over and use the blunt side to gently seperat or scrap the mat from the tile and once you have finished take the rock you want out of the water and super glue the under side of the gsp mat to the rock. Try the gel and let it tack up a bit before mounting. The easiest way would be to putty the tile to a rock and have patience. But then again the patience might be harder. This stuff does grow fast, and can usually be sliced and diced pretty good. So if you screw up dont worry too much it should grow back. IMO great starter coral to try and frag for beg. Kind of a confidence booster for people.

Evil Nemo
10/14/2009, 04:56 PM
Agreed,
Plus you can attach with a rubber band.
If you are set on the gsp not being on the tile, then get a scalpel. You can cut the outer edges of the gsp to get it started and then flip the scalpel over and use the blunt side to gently seperat or scrap the mat from the tile and once you have finished take the rock you want out of the water and super glue the under side of the gsp mat to the rock. Try the gel and let it tack up a bit before mounting. The easiest way would be to putty the tile to a rock and have patience. But then again the patience might be harder. This stuff does grow fast, and can usually be sliced and diced pretty good. So if you screw up dont worry too much it should grow back. IMO great starter coral to try and frag for beg. Kind of a confidence booster for people.