PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Apex display screen

GlassReef
10/08/2009, 03:08 PM
My Apex has been running about a month now. Lately I have noticed that the display screen refreshes itself, for what seems like no reason. Just flashes blank and then displays again. What worries me more, whenever I try to change the screen format, the screen flickers, sometimes for up to 5 seconds. Then it will settle down - often showing the same format that was there before.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

kenargo
10/08/2009, 03:21 PM
If you go into the "Modules" screen on the website, down near the bottom you should see the AquaBus modules listed; next to the display does it say "old" or "OK"? If it says old then you should update the display firmware bu selecting the display in the top, choosing update firmware and submit.

GlassReef
10/08/2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the quick answer, Ken. It shows software revision 007 (OK).

I just noticed that I'm getting strange characters on the display - right between the 2nd probe line and the first Icon line. They look kind of like ASCII line characters. Like ╨ ╦ ╔ etc. Doesn't happen all the time, just sporadically.

Is everyone's screen a little buggy? I understand, and can live with, startup problems - but if it's just my screen I probably should get it fixed, I guess.

kenargo
10/08/2009, 05:10 PM
What you describe sounds like a bug that was (thought) to have been fixed in the firmware you are running.

Try updating the Display as I mention above and see if the problem goes away and if it doesn't then you should contact Neptune; it could be something else.

GlassReef
10/08/2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks, Ken. I did try updating the display - no joy. I'm trying the other thing, now.

tamu
10/08/2009, 05:22 PM
I've seen the strange character once recently. I just unplugged the display and plugged it back in and it went away.

I also get the screen refresh, just never really worried about it.

GlassReef
10/08/2009, 06:04 PM
I've seen the strange character once recently. I just unplugged the display and plugged it back in and it went away.

I also get the screen refresh, just never really worried about it. Yeah, it doesn't bother me much. It's the strange characters, etc. that make me a little nervous. I'll just bite the bullet and contact Neptune tomorrow. Neptune can thank its lucky stars that Ken is always ready to help here on the forum.

Lightsluvr
10/09/2009, 11:21 AM
Neptune can thank its lucky stars that Ken is always ready to help here on the forum.

I'll drink to that... :thumbsup:

LL