PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

olkeller
10/10/2009, 10:35 PM
I posted this with a different name I was wondering if this name would help it get a reply

My tank went cloudy and I am assuming it was a bacteria bloom. It left my sandbed beutifully clean. It is on the tail end of it and my water only has a bit of cloud to it but I need to do a water change so I was wondering if a water change will prolong it or my recovery or do nothing.

Also any ideas what could of caused it? I dosed nothing and did nothing. My calcium was pretty high and I was letting it come down by itself. I had a strange white build up on my glass, I figured it was a cacification from to high of calcium. I scraped it off and the next day my cloudiness happened.

I wouldnt know the blloom but I've been reading up on bacteria driven systems and it sounded like one. I would love an idea as to what happed so I could avoid it in the future.

Everything looks good in my tank and call me crazy I kinda think my SPS liked it.

olkeller
10/11/2009, 08:41 AM
I dont have any other names for this

Playa-1
10/11/2009, 11:25 AM
It sounds like it could have been some type of precipitation event if the Calcium, Magnesium and ALk were not in balance. It's could have also been a bacterial bloom of some type. I know that people who OD with the carbon dosing will experience similar results but it will usually come with negative effects with some of the corals. I don't recall you posting any useful information about your water parameters, your system or how it's being maintained. I would assume that you dose something to maintain ALK and Calcium and obviously your Calcium got very high for a reason.