PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo Dart Maintenance question

gjk
10/11/2009, 03:01 PM
Does anyone find rust corrosion on the spring that "loads" the seal configuration shut when they perform maintenance on their Reeflo pumps? I dismanteled a Dart for maintenance and the above spring had a fair amount of rust corrosion. Although a very small amount, their was actually even loose rust scale in the area. Still attached to the spring was a fair amount of rust corrosion relative to the overall size of the spring, about 40%. Where the spring lodges against the bore plug of the pump face, this piece was stained greatly by the spring. The shaft, uncovered by the removal of the seal etc..., had quite alot of rust corrosion in this same small area. The shaft cleand up well, but is certainly very slightly pitted. The pump is 13 months old.

I am very interested in anybodys similar experiences or advice/speculation. Is it possible to have prematurely corroded the components of the Dart as I was finding a balance in the water chemistry in the early months of the system set up? I did create some swings in the water parameters, but their is a 350 gallon volume to absorb these swings and no livestock was lost so the swings were not that severe?

Thanks ahead for input.