PDA

View Full Version : What phosphate remover to buy?

pfoster40
10/11/2009, 09:56 PM
Hey guys I wanted to get a couple opinions before I buy my next batch of phosphate remover. I tried ROWAphos and had great results at taking out my PO4, but I still had hair algae growing in my tank. I read a thread on here not to long about people having the same problem from ROWA and people were using the GFO on bulkreefsupply. My question is the HCGFO worth almost double the price of the granular or pellets? Also which do you prefer between granular and pellets? I was thinking about going with the granular GFO. What do you guys think?

OpCode1300
10/11/2009, 10:09 PM
I am running the the BRS granular GFO and it has worked well w/ my ViaAqua Poly-Reactor in taking on cyano issue.

I cant speak for the pellets or HDGFO as I have not used them yet, but will be getting the pellets next time. I am thinking I could turn up the reactor flow with the pellets.

dave90ztt
10/12/2009, 05:49 AM
increasing the flow through the reactor isnt necessarily a good thing though. You want light flow so it achieves longer contact time with the media you have in it.

dave90ztt
10/12/2009, 05:52 AM
I use Pura Phoslock and I have good results. I hear Rowa is suppose to be the best but damn its spendy.